Think this might be a good fit for you or someone you know? Read on!
Office of College Advancement
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
Hourly rate: $19.96
About the College
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is Pennsylvania’s largest and best community college, serving more than 22,000 credit students and thousands more noncredit students in workforce training, public safety programs, trades and technology, and computer training. The College is a dynamic, client- and community-focused institution that covers a 10-county area in the region and has five physical campuses and a global Virtual Campus.
About the Position
The person in this position will produce quality photographic images for use by the Office of College Advancement.
Available positions include one or more photographers who will be assigned to a specific campus. The assignments include HACC’s Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses.
The person hired for this position will work from home when not taking photographs and be able to travel within HACC’s coverage area.
Because this is a part-time, casual position, individuals interested in the position should not depend upon it as their primary source of income. For the person hired for this position, his or her schedule and work hours of up to 20 hours per week, or 1,000 hours a year, will depend upon the volume of work requested by HACC.
The responsibilities of the position follow:
- Photograph individuals, groups, scenes, events such as commencement, Phi Theta Kappa induction ceremonies, etc. as assigned
- Color correct and prepare photographs, providing 300 dpi, cmyk, quality images
- Upload those images onto a designated website accessible by the Integrated Marketing Communications team
- Handle projects accurately, efficiently, effectively and according to established deadlines
- Submit each completed project, the url to access the photographs and invoice in one email
- Adhere to HACC policies and procedures, style guides and visual identity standards
- Sign an agreement acknowledging you will adhere to HACC policies and procedures, style guides and visual identity standards
- Handle all information appropriately and ensure the security of the information
- Be flexible; adjust work to suit the needs and requests of the client
The successful candidate must:
- Possess at least three years of experience in professional photography
- Possess excellent decision-making, photographic, interpersonal, organizational, planning, proofreading and visual communication skills
- Possess the ability to solve problems, think critically and work independently
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to operate a camera and related equipment to produce unique images to meet a variety of needs.
- Demonstrate competency in Adobe Photoshop
- Demonstrate ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects
- Demonstrate ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders effectively and courteously
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a high level of performance
- Demonstrate punctuality, discretion, integrity, confidentiality and ability to be proactive
The successful candidate must possess a:
- Home office
- High-speed Internet access
- Adobe Design Premium CS4 or above
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Access, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Dedicated telephone line
- Fax machine (preferably with a line separate from the telephone line)
- Reliable transportation
Professional photography equipment, including digital camera, flash and support tools will be provided by the College. This equipment MUST be used for HACC-related purposes only.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should email the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover letter typed in Microsoft Word (The cover letter should address each of the bulleted items in the qualifications section above. The bulleted items should be formatted as subheadings, and your relevant experience should be provided below each subheading. Please bold each subheading.)
- Résumé typed in Microsoft Word
- Portfolio pieces (converted to PDFs) that include three projects completed within the last 12 months (exclude confidential materials and those produced under a confidentiality agreement)
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Incomplete applications will not be considered, and individuals who submit application materials that do not adhere to the required format will not be interviewed. Also, application materials will not be returned.