The funding from the HACC Foundation will be used to:
- Purchase a portable SimMan interactive patient simulation machine for the nursing, paramedic training and respiratory therapy programs
- Upgrade the cardiac management training equipment to include an electrocardiogram (EKG) monitor/defibrillator to enable HACC to expose students to current state-of-the-art technology before entering the workforce
- Purchase a minimally-invasive surgery tower, equipment and instrumentation for the surgical technology program, making HACC’s program the only one in the area to offer training on this equipment
- Purchase two transport ventilators for the paramedic training and respiratory therapy programs
- Purchase a nebulizer system so that HACC students will be trained on equipment used in hospitals, thus giving them an advantage in the workforce
- Upgrade the medical lab technician program’s equipment so that the amount of equipment available is adequate for the increased number of students in this program
- Purchase new equipment for the medical assisting program, including an EKG machine, to better train the students in this program
- Upgrade the sink in the allied health lab for the nurse aid training program to include an eye wash station
- Purchase and implement a new online scholarship management system that would replace the current cumbersome paper application process for students. This would enable students to fill out only one application that would then match them to the criteria for all scholarships to which they are eligible
- Conduct non-destructive testing of underground facilities for HACC’s heating and plumbing classes, essential to developing the College’s Plumbing III course
“We are grateful to have one of the strongest community college foundations in the nation,” said James E. Grandon Jr., the chairman of the HACC Foundation Board of Directors. “With the projects that the HACC Foundation funds, we are able to ensure that our students are sought after and competitive in the marketplace. We also are able to instruct using the latest technology available.”
The HACC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was established in 1985 to raise private and corporate revenues in support of HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College. The HACC Foundation endowment consists of more than 295 funds totaling over $29 million, making the HACC Foundation one of the wealthiest community college foundations in the nation. In fiscal year 2011-12 alone, the HACC Foundation contributed close to $2.2 million to the College in scholarships, special programs and facilities and provided financial assistance to 1,067 students.
Contributions to the HACC Foundation are accepted in the form of unrestricted gifts to augment endowed funds, contributions to existing or new scholarship programs or award funds, support for academic and workforce programs, sponsorship of special events and cultural programs and contributions made in honor or in memory of individuals. In addition, the Foundation holds annual events, including the Frank J. Dixon Tournament for Scholarships, and various scholarship award ceremonies.
For more information on the HACC Foundation, visit http://www.hacc.edu/HACCFoundation/.