HARRISBURG, Pa. – The Sen. Jeffrey E. Piccola Law Enforcement Complex of the Sen. John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, recently celebrated the graduation of 35 cadets in its 104th police academy.
Several of the graduating cadets also received outstanding achievement awards at the ceremony, which was held at Dauphin County Technical School.
- Travis J. Berwager of the Penn Township Police Department received the highest achievement in physical fitness award.
- Jose A. Gonzalez Jr. of the Hanover Borough Police Department received the highest proficiency in firearms award.
- Robert D. Reichwein (pre-service) received the highest proficiency in driving award, which is sponsored by the Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association.
- Tyler M. Margeson of the Swatara Township Police Department received the highest academic achievement award and the most inspirational cadet award.
HACC’s Police Academy is the second largest in the state and offers the 20-week basic training course mandated for all Pennsylvania municipal police officers.
HACC also provides police mandatory in-service courses, law enforcement elective training and police testing. Information on HACC’s Police Academy can be found on the College’s website at www.hacc.edu.
The graduates who completed HACC’s most recent police training, and the police departments where they serve, are as follows:
- Cole Lee Baker - Chambersburg Borough Police Department
- Travis James Berwager - Penn Township Police Department (York Co.)
- Brian Robert Carriere - Harrisburg Bureau of Police
- Matthew Wayne Gallup - Harrisburg Bureau of Police
- Jose Antonio Gonzalez, Jr. - Hanover Borough Police Department
- Tyler Matthew Margeson - Swatara Township Police Department
- Ryan Patrick McCormick - Harrisburg Bureau of Police
- Robert Maxamillian Miller - York Area Regional Police Department
- Shawn Allen Moore - Swatara Township Police Department
- Stephen Jan Ruff - Harrisburg Bureau of Police
- John Michael Sgrignoli - Chambersburg Borough Police Department
- Jason Scott Windlebleck - Lancaster City Bureau of Police
Pre-service graduates not yet affiliated with law enforcement agencies include:
- Emmanuel DeJesus Alzate - Washington Boro
- Blake Conrad Bilbrey - Camp Hill
- Edward Neil Bruton - Harrisburg
- Kyle James Carner - Lititz
- Kirk Lightfoot Colwell - Etters
- Brett Robert Fishel - Red Lion
- Nathan Thomas Groft - McSherrystown
- Dexter Kegan Hardin - Lewistown
- Gavin Christopher Kline - York
- Ricky Allen Kline - Annville
- Clint Austin Kramer - Wellsville
- Ryan Anthony Leen - Enola
- Joshua Nicholas Martin - Lancaster
- Aaron Heath McCoy - Elizabethtown
- Lauren Ashley Milam - Columbia
- Shane Douglas Miller - Manheim
- Joshua Daniel Nell - Spring Grove
- Robert David Reichwein - Harrisburg
- Samuel Todd Russel - Shrewsbury
- Cristina Curbelo Winnie - Carlisle
- Kevin Robert Winter - Mechanicsburg
- Brandon Philip Joseph Yeager - Millersburg
- Alex Thomas Young - Newburg
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers nearly 200 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to more than 20,000 students at five campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York and through virtual learning. In addition, HACC serves more than 29,000 students in noncredit workforce development, public safety, adult basic education and continuing education programs offered at all campuses and off-site locations in many communities in Central Pennsylvania. For more information about what HACC has to offer, visit www.hacc.edu.