HARRISBURG, Pa. – HACC’s chapter of the international honor society, Phi Theta Kappa, has achieved Five Star status for the 14th year. The Five Star Chapter distinction is awarded to chapters that have reached the highest level of engagement – moving beyond campus and community involvement to the regional and international level.
Alpha Nu Omega, the chapter of Phi Theta Kappa at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, was presented with the following awards at the Phi Theta Kappa Middle States Regional Convention:
- Distinguished Hall of Honor Chapter Member - Diane Nadolny, HACC student from Mechanicsburg
- Distinguished Chapter Member Award - Diane Nadolny
- Distinguished Hall of Honor Chapter Officer - Nate Glick, HACC student from Harrisburg
- Distinguished Chapter Officer - Nate Glick
- Distinguished Advisor Award - Jennifer St. Pierre, assistant professor of sociology at HACC and advisor to Alpha Nu Omega
- Five Star Chapter Award
- Communications Award (newsletter and website)
- College Project Award
Nate Glick was also elected as Phi Theta Kappa Middle States Pennsylvania President.
Alpha Nu Omega has more than 1,300 members across HACC’s five campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York. Phi Theta Kappa members must maintain a 3.25 grade point average after meeting academic and volunteer requirements. They also must volunteer at least 10 hours of service each year for their college, in their community or for Phi Theta Kappa.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers more than 150 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to nearly 20,000 students at campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York and through online classes. In addition, HACC serves more than 29,000 students in noncredit workforce development, public safety, adult basic education and continuing education programs offered at all campuses and off-site locations in many communities in Central Pennsylvania. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit www.hacc.edu.