(HARRISBURG, Pa.) – The Sen. John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, will be holding an open house on Thursday, April 24, 2014, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. The goal of the open house is to raise safety awareness and provide first responder training through first responder demonstrations and static displays.
First responders and prospective students are invited to attend to view various demonstrations and static displays, including:
- Confined space rescue
- Fire apparatus and aerial ladder static display
- Vehicle accident/extrication static display (tools and equipment)
- Backdraft demonstration, which will occur at 6 p.m.
- EMS equipment static display (ambulance, simulation mannequin, equipment)
- Flammable/combustible gas fire control demonstrations
- Laser shot simulations
- Law enforcement emergency vehicle operations
For more information on the Sen. John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center at HACC, visit http://www.hacc.edu/PublicSafetyCenter/index.cfm.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers nearly 200 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to more than 20,000 students at five campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York and through virtual learning. In addition, HACC serves more than 29,000 students in noncredit workforce development, public safety, adult basic education and continuing education programs offered at all campuses and off-site locations in many communities in Central Pennsylvania. For more information about what HACC has to offer, visit www.hacc.edu.