We have many exciting things planned in the upcoming months, including the beginning phases of the renovation of the Bruce E. Cooper Student Center (Cooper Student Center) on the Harrisburg Campus.
I am very pleased to update you on the renovation of the Bruce E. Cooper Student Center at the Harrisburg Campus. These renovations will transform the HACC experience for future and current students collegewide.
As you know, HACC students are commuters, and they need a comfortable space to read, study and perform group work. In addition, many students take courses at multiple HACC campuses and through Virtual Learning. Therefore, students at HACC’s Gettysburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses – as well as our Virtual Learning students – will truly benefit from a new “one-stop” welcome center at the Harrisburg Campus.
The new “one-stop” welcome center, will offer our current and future students easy access to the following services:
- Admissions, financial aid, counseling and advising
- Comfortable lounge and study space
- The Chef’s Apprentice and SUBWAY®
- Student government offices and student club space
- Student services such as veterans affairs and disability services
Beginning Feb. 8, 2016, specific offices and College services will relocate to other buildings.
1. The following will move to the PSECU building at the entrance of HACC’s Harrisburg Campus:
- Welcome center
- Admissions and enrollment services
- Financial aid
- Heath careers advising center
- Counseling and advising
- Career services
- Global education
- Military and veteran affairs
Please use this map to identify the walking path to the PSECU building.
If you have any questions regarding the services listed above during the move, please contact 800-ABC-HACC.
2. The Chef’s Apprentice, SUBWAY® and the PSECU student banking center will remain in the Cooper Student Center during the renovations.
3. The Disability Services Department and the director of student conduct will be located in Clyde E. Blocker Hall (Blocker) 101.
4. The student life office, including the Student Government Association (SGA), Student Programming Board (SPB), The Fourth Estate and student clubs, will be located in Blocker 221.
What is the renovation timeline?
|Feb. 1-18, 2016||Staff members in the Cooper Student Center begin packing|
|Feb. 8, 2016||Student life offices (SGA, SPB and The Fourth Estate) begin moving to Blocker 221|
|Feb. 15, 2016||Student life offices reopen in Blocker 221|
|Feb. 19, 2016||Disability Services Department begins moving to Blocker 101|
|Feb. 19-26, 2016||Furniture and items will be moved from the Cooper Student Center to PSECU|
|Feb. 22, 2016||Disability Services Department reopens in Blocker 101|
|Feb. 26, 2016||Welcome Center and student services reopen in PSECU|
|March 7, 2016||Demolition begins in the Cooper Student Center|
|August 2017||Construction complete|
As always, and especially throughout the renovations, we will make every effort to continue serving you at the highest levels. We appreciate your patience and look forward to continually updating you on our progress.
For immediate questions or needs, please do not hesitate to contact Peter Law, dean of student affairs, at 717-780-2410 or email@example.com.
I look forward to our journey together. GO HAWKS!
Irvin T. Clark, Ed.D.
Vice President, Harrisburg Campus