The program prepares graduates for positions in surgical, critical-care, obstetrics, oncology, pediatrics, mental health and emergency departments.
The graduates successfully completed their clinical nursing education, which qualifies them to take their licensure exams to become registered nurses (RNs).
Sandra Cooper and Michael Ferrer, officers of the Nursing Student Organization at HACC’s Gettysburg Campus, provided a greeting for the pinning ceremony. Meghan Bretzman served as the student speaker after being chosen by nursing faculty. The following graduating students received special recognition during the ceremony:
- Nursing Student Organization Art of Nursing Award – Ashley Landis
- Nursing Faculty Excellence in Nursing Award – Jennifer Hinson
- Pennsylvania State Nurses Association District 15 Leadership Award – BreAnna Bretzman
The graduates of the program at HACC’s Gettysburg Campus are:
- Aspers – BreAnna Bretzman, Alyssa Smith
- Bendersville – Susan Cook
- Carlisle – Ryanne Horwhat
- Chambersburg – Jaime Brantner, Ashley Landis, Shauna Reynolds
- Dover – Tina Swords
- East Berlin – Eric Gagne
- Fairfield – Katharine Novicki, Kathleen Orndorff
- Gardners – Brittany King
- Gettysburg – Jessica Congleton, Sarah Rasinska
- Hanover – Andrea Kappes, Kimberly Martin, Angela Neiser
- Harrisonville – Brooke Cross
- Littlestown – Sandra Cooper
- Mechanicsburg – Tia Anderson
- McSherrystown – Michael Ferrer
- New Oxford – Shelby Goodling, Denise Kenawell, Danielle Tazza
- Shippensburg – Brianna Kelso
- Spring Grove – Jennifer Hinson
- York – Samantha Hartman
- York Springs – Meghan Bretzman
Information about the programs and qualifications is available online.
Front row: Meghan Bretzman, Samantha Hartman, Tina Swords, Danielle Tazza, Jessica Congleton, Sarah Rasinska, Alyssa Smith
Row 2: Shauna Reynolds, Denise Kenawell, Brooke Cross, Shelby Goodling, BreAnna Bretzman, Ryanne Horwhat, Tia Anderson, Jennifer Hinson, Sandra Cooper, Jaime Brantner, Ashley Landis
Row 3: Brianna Kelso, Kathleen Orndorff, Katharine Novicki, Andrea Kappes, Eric Gagne, Michael Ferrer, Brittany King, Kimberly Martin, Susan Cook, Angela Neiser
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers more than 120 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to approximately 19,000 students. Also, the College serves students at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses; through virtual learning; and via workforce development and continuing education training. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit hacc.edu. Also, follow us on Twitter (@HACC_info), like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HACC64) and use #HACCNews.