In November 2019, the College entered into a one-year agreement with Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services to provide comprehensive clinical mental health counseling services to HACC students. Mazzitti & Sullivan also provides psychological counseling, work-life balance and educational wellness programs for full- and part-time HACC employees and their household members through the College’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The College’s contract for student counseling was set to expire in November 2020, and the contract for employee services expired in October 2020. However, the College extended its contracts with Mazzitti & Sullivan through Jan. 11, 2021, to ensure the needs of students and employees continue to be met while HACC issues a request for proposals (RFP) and evaluates the best options for supporting the mental health needs of our students and employees.
The College will issue one RFP that will cover both student and employee counseling services. This RFP is a standard business practice, meant to assess the best available options for our students and employees. Mazzitti & Sullivan has been encouraged to respond to the RFP.
Mazzitti & Sullivan shares data with HACC each quarter. Data for the first three quarters of the student counseling contract – the most recent of which ended on Aug. 12, 2020 – demonstrated the following:
- 181 students utilized services available through Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services
- 44 of those students used mental health counseling services
- 100% of students who used their services reported being satisfied (75%) or very satisfied (25%)
The 20 counseling faculty affected by the One-College reorganization were laid off effective Oct. 16, 2020. Some of those individuals took different positions at the College, some elected to retire and others have moved on from the College.
Additional information regarding clinical mental health counseling at HACC is available in the College’s online newsroom:
- HACC Acknowledges Missteps in Communications on Counseling Services
- HACC Students can Access Free Mental Health Counseling Any Time
- HACC Signs Agreement with Trusted Provider of Mental Health Counseling Services
- Financial Realities, Refocus on Purpose Drive HACC’s Clinical Mental Health Decision
- HACC Update on Clinical Mental Health Counseling Services
- HACC Update on Student Success and Wellness Services
- HACC Addresses Student Success and Wellness through Range of Services
- HACC Statement about Clinical Mental Health Services for Students
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is the first and largest of Pennsylvania’s 14 community colleges. HACC offers approximately 100 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to approximately 17,000 students. Also, the College serves students at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses; through virtual learning; and via workforce development and continuing education training. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit hacc.edu. Also, follow us on Twitter (@HACC_info), follow us on Instagram (@HACC_edu), like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HACC64) and use #HACCNews.