HARRISBURG, Pa. – HACC Foundation, a nonprofit educational trust established in 1985 to raise private and corporate revenues in support of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, provides scholarships to hundreds of HACC students to support the College’s mission of creating opportunities and transforming lives to shape the future - together.
HACC Continues to Change Lives Through Full-Ride Scholarships
Ten students will attend the College for free.
HARRISBURG, Pa. – HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, and the HACC Foundation and its generous donors, continue to change lives, destinies and family trees of individuals in Central Pennsylvania and beyond.
In February 2023, the College announced an anonymous alumnus contributed a six-figure gift to fund full-ride scholarships for HACC students.
The College received more than 100 applications for the opportunity for all HACC-related expenses - including tuition, books and fees - to be covered. Recipients were randomly selected and notified of this opportunity throughout the summer.
When asked what was the first thing that came to mind when they learned they received the scholarship, recipients responded:
- “It immediately brought me to tears. The first words spoken to me when I received the phone call, that would forever change my life, were "Hannah are you sitting down?" That is something I will never forget.”
- “I looked at my two daughters and knew we were going to be okay. This scholarship will help me focus on family and education without having to work extra hours to provide.”
- “All of the doubts I had about going back to school went away. I will not have a huge amount of debt when I finish school, and I can provide for my family better.”
Linnie Carter, Ph.D., APR, HACC’s vice president of college advancement and executive director of the HACC Foundation, said, “Our students are dedicated, hard working and so deserving of this opportunity. I am HACC proud and grateful to the anonymous alumnus who will change the lives of these students and their loved ones through this full-ride scholarship. To graduate from college with no debt is something that most college students will never experience. These students are blessed, and our alumnus is an angel on earth.”
To learn more about the full-ride scholarship and the recipients, please visit hacc.edu/AWD.
HACC Foundation Helps More than 300 Students Continue Their Dreams
HARRISBURG, Pa - The HACC Foundation supports thousands of students at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, on their journey to reaching their educational goals and dreams in Central Pennsylvania and beyond. The College is HACC proud to celebrate more than 300 HACC Foundation scholarship recipients for the 2023-24 academic year.
Linnie S. Carter, Ph.D., APR, the vice president of college advancement at HACC and executive director of the HACC Foundation, said, “The HACC Foundation is pleased to support our current and future students throughout their time at the College. Scholarships - money that does not need to be repaid - are just one way that we do so. Thanks to our generous donors, these scholarships help cover the costs of books, tuition and/or fees for our students. Without these funds, some students may not be able to start or continue their education.”
Powerful thank-you letters from students further reiterate how HACC continues to change lives, destinies and family trees:
- “I was smiling ear to ear when I received notification that I was one of the recipients chosen for this scholarship!... This scholarship will aid me in continuing my education. I am able to pursue my passion in nursing. This would not be possible without your donation.”
- “It is truly an honor to be able to receive this scholarship… and it will remind me that I am going down the right path with all my hard work and dedication… Graduating college is not my dream, but definitely a life time goal that I’ve always wanted to accomplish since I was young. With this scholarship you are helping me achieve that goal.”
- “I have one semester left to obtain my paralegal certificate and I currently hold a position with a law firm as a real estate paralegal… I am so grateful to have HACC be a convenient and reputable school for me to continue my education. If it wasn’t for HACC, I wouldn’t have the position that I have now that I enjoy so much.”
A list of scholarship recipients can be found here.
To contribute to a HACC Foundation scholarship and change the lives of HACC students, please visit hacc.edu/GiveNow.
About the HACC Foundation
The HACC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was established in 1985 to raise private and corporate revenues in support of HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College. The HACC Foundation provides funding for student scholarships, innovative academic programs, state-of-the art training equipment and modernized facilities. To learn more about the HACC Foundation, please visit haccfoundation.org. To contribute to the HACC Foundation, please visit hacc.edu/GiveNow.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is the first and largest of Pennsylvania’s 15 community colleges. HACC offers approximately 100 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to approximately14,023 students. Also, the College serves students at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses; through virtual learning; and via workforce development and continuing education training. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit hacc.edu. Also, follow us on Twitter (@HACC_info), follow us on Instagram (@HACC_edu), like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HACC64) and use #HACCNews.