- If you have always had an interest in languages, check out one of two beginning language courses. “Conversational Spanish I” will be held from 6-8 p.m. Thursdays, Aug. 30-Oct. 18. “Conversational Italian I” will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 11-Oct. 30. The cost for either course is $125.
- It’s time to bring peace back to your body, mind and spirit with HACC’s “Stress Education Clinic.” Learn how to restore balance and a sense of well being through stress reduction techniques. Instruction will include breathwork, guided mindful meditation, interactive exercises, authentic touch, and journaling assignments. The class is held from 7-8:30 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 17- Oct. 8. The cost is $59.
- Students will learn simple plumbing and basic electrical repairs in “Home Repairs for Ms. Fix-It.” Additional topics covered during class include odd jobs, such as plaster repairs, installing security devices, dry wall repairs, finding wall studs and what tools to have in your basic tool kit. Scheduled for 7-9 p.m. Thursdays, Sept. 13-Oct. 18, the course fee is $75.
- Learn “how-to” techniques and get hands-on experience in basic household repairs and improvements during “Dummies’ Guide to Home Repairs.” The class will include an open session for students to ask particular home repair issues. The class is scheduled from 9-11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 29 and Oct. 6. The cost is $75.
- “Intermediate Group Golf Lessons” will be offered at The Bridges Golf Club, Abbottstown. This refresher course will include demonstration, practice and review of full swing irons and woods, putting, chipping, pitching, sand shots, rules and golf etiquette. The course is offered from 10-11 a.m. on Saturdays, Sept. 8-Oct. 6. The cost is $85.
- Anyone with some experience in watercolors will enjoy “Watercolor Beginner/Intermediate.” Content includes demonstrations on laying washes, use of color, texture, glazing, and painting various objects with respect to composition. The course will be offered from 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays Sept. 12-Nov. 7. The cost is $135.
- A continuation of skills learned in Piano for Adults, Part 1 is the topic of “Piano for Adults, Part 2.” Students can use the same book from Part 1. The course will be offered from 6:30-8 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 12-Oct. 17, at the Emory H. Markle Intermediate School in Hanover. The cost is $85.
- Learn beginning chord piano techniques in “Instant Piano for Hopelessly Busy People.” Students will learn all the chords needed to play any pop song, any style, any key. This one-session course is scheduled for 6-9 p.m. Sept. 13. The cost is $49.
- “Birding for Beginners” features an introductory classroom session followed by two Saturday morning field trips-one to Codorus State Park and the other at Long Arm Reservoir in Hanover. Learn how to participate in this rapidly growing hobby. The course is scheduled for 6-9 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 13, and 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 15 and 22. The cost is $55.
History buffs can also take advantage of several noncredit courses offered in September.
- “Jewish Contribution to the Civil War” helps students understand and appreciate the roles that minorities have played in America’s wars. An overview of Jewish military history leading up to and including the Civil War will be presented. The class is scheduled for 6-9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 12. The cost is $35.
- “Adams County’s Hidden Treasurers” covers many fascinating, beautiful, scenic and interesting places of which many people are not aware. The class is scheduled for 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19. The cost is $25.
- Take part in a living history presentation at the Gettysburg Lutheran Retirement Village during “We All Suffered: Gettysburg Civilian Accounts.” Students will hear fascinating, true accounts of how everyday farm life in rural Gettysburg in 1863 was forever changed by the Civil War. The class is planned for 2-3:30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 24. The cost is $20.
Two upcoming courses can help participants with financial planning.
- Learn how to get completely out of debt, including your mortgage, in as little as three to seven years during “Invest in Your Debt.” Participants will develop their own debt elimination plan to implement immediately. The course will be offered 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 27. The cost is $46
- “Spend Smart” will help you find an extra $100 to $400 monthly in your current spending. Participants will learn how to use a reverse budget that tracks savings instead of spending. The course will be offered 6-9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 26. The cost is $46.
To register for any of these classes, call 338-1010 or click on the Website below.
HACC’s Noncredit Shopping Cart makes it easier than ever to find and register for classes online. Simply find the course, add it to your shopping cart and then “check out” to enroll in the course. Users receive an e-mail confirming enrollment.