- Explore various styles of European and American Folk Art while learning to prepare a wood surface for decorating during “European and American Folk Art.” The class will be offered at Steph’s Folk Art Studio, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Sept. 11-Nov. 13. The cost is $125.
- Learn how to capture and photograph very small objects, using a variety of light techniques and camera settings in “Macro Photography.” Bring your camera and small items to work with to the class, which will be held from 6-9 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 18 and 25. The cost is $30.
- “Spend Smart” will help you find an extra $100 to $400 monthly in your current spending. The course will be offered 6-9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19. The cost is $46.
- Learn how to get completely out of debt, including your mortgage, in as little as three to seven years during “Invest in Your Debt.” The course will be offered 6-9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 20. The cost is $46.
- Participants will style and pot their own Bonsai tree to take home during “Bonsai for the Beginner.” The class will be offered 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 19 and 26. The cost is $25 plus a $25 materials fee that will be collected in class.
- Cover all the steps from selecting good plant material, to planting properly, and, finally, to the aftercare of your plant during “Planting and Transplanting Trees.” The course, which costs $30, will be offered from 9-11 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22.
- “Fused Art Glass Jewelry” is a three-session class in which students will learn to cut specialty fusing and dichroic glass pieces to make beautiful jewelry. The class will be offered from 6-8:30 p.m. on Thursdays, Sept. 20-Oct. 4. The cost of the course is $75 and includes the use of tools. Students will need to purchase glass and wire and pay a nominal firing fee.
- Before you store the grill for winter, learn how to grill foods fresh from the fields during “Harvest Grill.” The course will be offered from 6-9 p.m. Mondays, Sept. 24-Nov. 12.
- If you have always had an interest in languages, check out one of three beginning language courses offered this fall. “Conversational Russian I” will be held from noon-2 p.m. Saturdays, Sept. 22-Nov. 10. “Conversational French I” will be held from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 25- Oct. 18. Learn finger spelling, formal signs, pantomime gestures and more in “American Sign Language 1.” The course is offered 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 26--Nov. 14. The cost for each course is $125.
- Learn movable position chords and maximize your playing potential during “Guitar Chord Lab.” The course, which costs $160, will be offered from 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, Sept. 26- Nov. 14.
To register for any of these classes, call 358-2901 or click on the Website below.
HACC’s Noncredit Shopping Cart makes it easier than ever to find and register for classes online. Simply find the course, add it to your shopping cart and then “check out” to enroll in the course. Users receive an e-mail confirming enrollment.