HACC police cadets graduate
HARRISBURG – Forty cadets of the 98th Police Academy recently graduated from the Senator John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center (PSC) of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College.
Several of the cadets also received outstanding achievement awards in a ceremony held at Dauphin County Technical School.
• Stephen K. McClure of the Northern York County Regional Police Department received the highest proficiency in driving award from the Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association.
• Lynn E. Anderson of the Northern York County Regional Police Department received the high achievement in physical fitness award.
• Samuel P. Miles of the York Area Regional Police Department received the highest proficiency in firearms award.
• Jana C. Bimler of Annville received the most inspirational cadet award.
• Jesse W. Foltz of the Penbrook Borough of Police received the highest academic achievement award.
HACC’s Police Academy, the second largest academy in the state, offers the 20-week basic training course mandated for all Pennsylvania municipal police officers.
HACC also offers police mandatory in-service courses, law enforcement elective training, security courses, constable training and police testing. Information on HACC’s Police Academy can be found on the college’s website at www.hacc.edu.
Those who completed HACC’s most recent police training and the police departments where they serve are as follows:
Coal Township Police Department – Matthew R. Henrich.
Franklin and Marshall College Police Department – Kyle D. McCall.
Hampden Township Police Department – Joshua L. Pressel, David A. Shaffer, Jared S. Zimmerman.
Northern York County Regional Police Department – Lynn E. Anderson, Stephen K. McClure.
Manheim Township Police Department – Nathan R. Daggett, Gary L. Rynier Jr.
Penbrook Borough Police Department – Jesse W. Foltz.
Spring Garden Township Police Department – Tomas J. O’Bren.
Susquehanna Township Police Departpment – Andrew T. Verbos.
United States Air Force – Chad M. Shifflet.
York Area Regional Police Department – Samuel P. Miles.
York City Police Department – Dustin L. Gehron.
Preservice graduates not yet associated with law enforcement agencies include the following:
Altoona – Nathan C. Seymore.
Annville – Jana C. Bimler.
Carlisle – Patrick W. Bowers.
Conestoga – Michael B. Polaski.
Dillsburg – Michael A. Davies, Christopher S. Lytle.
Hanover – Anthony J. Lupian, Joshua E. Rummel.
Harrisburg – Bradley J. Graham.
Lancaster – Jordan R. Byrnes.
Lemoyne – Matthew A Resser.
Lewisburg – Kevin M. Fritchman.
Lititz – Chase A. Wingert.
Manheim – Dustin H. Ryan.
McSherrystown – Timothy C. Chrismer Jr.
Mechanicsburg – Andrew J. Herr.
Myerstown – Cody B. Smoot.
New Oxford – Timothy L. Rife.
Palmyra – John J. Hoffner III.
Shippensburg – Todd A. Koser.
Steelton – Michael J. Carricato.
York – Kyle D. Lovett, Justin J. Manalli, Dustin K. Miller, Christopher R. Snell.