01 September 2011
Study close to home, enroll in HACC classes offered nearby
HARRISBURG – HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, makes it easy to get started on a post-secondary degree with classes offered evenings at off-campus locations in Cumberland and Dauphin counties.
Classes begin the week of Tuesday, Sept. 6, and students can enroll right up to the day before the first day of class. The lineup includes several first-year required courses that provide students with credits that transfer to most four-year institutions in the region and across the country.
Classes include science courses in biology, astronomy, chemistry and meteorology; English courses in composition, effective speaking, and technical writing; mathematics courses in algebra, both beginning and intermediate; humanities; computer information systems; and accounting. In addition, second-year level courses are offered in statistics and comparative religion.
All classes are taught by HACC faculty. Locations include:
- Carlisle High School, Swartz Building, 623 W. Penn St., Carlisle.
- Cedar Cliff High School, 1301 Carlisle Road, Camp Hill.
- Cornerstone Coffeehouse, 2133 Market St., Camp Hill.
- Cumberland Valley High School, 110 Old Willow Mill Road, Mechanicsburg.
- Lower Dauphin High School, 201 S. Hanover St., Hummelstown.
Students can register at the Harrisburg Campus, 1 HACC Drive, or online at www.hacc.edu. For a schedule of courses or for more information, contact the Office of Extension Services at 221-1788.