Jan 19, 2012
Need help paying for college? HACC can provide answers
HARRISBURG – It’s not too late to get financial aid to help pay for your college education; find out how from HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College.
From 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 23, the public is invited to attend a free financial seminar at one of HACC’s five campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York. The seminars are open to anyone, not just students coming to HACC.
HACC professionals have teamed up to answer all of your questions about the college financial aid process. Attendees will learn about:
- Different types of aid, including scholarships, grants, loans and employment opportunities;
- Where to look for other sources of aid and what pitfalls to avoid;
- How to compare financial aid offers from different schools and pick what is best for your needs;
- How to fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form and how to file it on line, and
- Changes that have been made to the FAFSA form.
Financial aid sessions will be held at all HACC’s campuses at the same time -- from 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb 23. Registration is not required but recommended.