Oct 16, 2013
HACC ‘Get it Started’ open house scheduled
HARRISBURG, Pa. – HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, invites local residents and potential students to a “Get it Started” open house on each campus to find out more about the opportunities offered by the College.
The open house will be held 5:30-7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2013 on all HACC campuses:
- HACC- Harrisburg Campus, One HACC Drive
- HACC-Gettysburg Campus, 731 Old Harrisburg Road
- HACC-Lancaster Campus, 1641 Old Philadelphia Pike
- HACC-Lebanon Campus, 735 Cumberland St.
- HACC-York Campus, 2010 Pennsylvania Ave.
The $35 application fee will be waived for students who enroll during the open house, which starts promptly at 5:30 p.m. Guests are encouraged to attend the entire event.
The open house is an excellent opportunity for prospective students and family members to see the facilities, ask questions and talk with faculty, student services staff and students who are already attending HACC.
Student services staff will be available to provide information on:
- Financial aid and scholarships, including scholarships through the HACC Foundation
- Transfer options to a four-year college or university
- Careers that are in demand in Pennsylvania
- Student life, clubs and athletics
Those interested in learning more about career training programs will have the ability to receive information on mechatronics, technology studies and heating, ventilation and air conditioning programs. Guests will find out how to start a new career or add to existing work skills.
Staff from HACC’s virtual learning will be available. Prospective students can learn about online courses that allow students to complete coursework that fits their schedule at any location. Virtual learning now offers nine online degrees:
- Business Administration
- Social Sciences
- Business Management – General
- Business Studies
- General Studies
- Technology Studies
For more information and to register go to www.hacc.edu/gohacc.