Dec 18, 2013
HACC’s Lancaster Campus to Offer ESL for Work, Community
LANCASTER, Pa. – Non-native English speakers can overcome language barriers through English as a Second Language (ESL) for Work and Community, a new program starting in February 2014 at the Lancaster Campus of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College.
The program includes noncredit beginner and intermediate/conversation classes that provide opportunities to learn and develop language skills. Each eight-week class costs $125 and includes instruction and materials.
The classes and schedules are:
Beginner class – Improve your English grammar and pronunciation in real-world situations. Topics include: positive and negative statements and questions in the present tense, past tense, and future tense. The beginner class will be offered Tuesdays and Thursdays on the following schedule. Students may enroll in one:
Intermediate/conversation class – Prepare for more advanced English study by improving written and spoken English at the intermediate level and increasing your confidence speaking English through vocabulary building, pronunciation exercise and real-life discussions.
- Feb. 4-March 27, 2014, from 9-11:30 a.m.
- Feb. 4-March 27, 2014, from 6-8:30 p.m.
- April 15-June 5, 2014, from 9-11:30 a.m.
- April 15-June 5, 2014, from 6-8:30 p.m.
The intermediate/conversation will be offered Mondays and Wednesdays on the following schedule. Students may enroll in one:
Students are required to attend a free orientation session. All orientation sessions will be held in Room 330 of the East Building on the campus, 1641 Old Philadelphia Pike, Lancaster. Students should select to attend one of the following scheduled sessions:
- Feb. 3-March 26, 2014, from 9-11:30 a.m.
- Feb. 3-March 26, 2014, from 6-8:30 p.m.
- April 14-June 9, 2014, from 9-11:30 a.m.
- April 14-June 9, 2014, from 6-8:30 p.m.
ESL for Work and Community is offered through HACC’s Language Institute. For more information or to register contactMelinda Fraker de Fonte via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by calling 717-780-2577. Se habla español.
- Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, from 9-11 a.m.
- Monday, Jan. 6, 2014, from 6-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, from 9-11 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014, from 6-8 p.m.
- Monday, March 10, 2014, from 9-11 a.m.
- Monday, March 10, 2014, from 6-8 p.m.
- Monday, March 24, 2014, from 9-11 a.m.
- Monday, March 24, 2014, from 6-8 p.m.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers nearly 200 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to more than 20,000 students at five campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York and through virtual learning. In addition, HACC serves more than 29,000 students in noncredit workforce development, public safety, adult basic education and continuing education programs offered at all campuses and off-site locations in many communities in Central Pennsylvania. For more information about what HACC has to offer, visit www.hacc.edu.