Sep 26, 2014
HACC Hosts Golden Anniversary Gala
Dress up in your evening finest and join us to celebrate the 50th anniversary of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, at a Golden Anniversary Gala on Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014, at the Radisson Hotel Harrisburg in Camp Hill. The event, which will raise funds for scholarships for HACC students, begins at 5:30 p.m.
HACC was the first community college chartered in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. On Feb. 14, 1964, the longtime dream of civic leaders and private citizens became a reality. At last, Central Pennsylvania had an affordable, accessible gateway to a better future for thousands of residents in communities throughout the region.
“I hope that you will join me and hundreds of others who are going to be there to highlight and acknowledge all that we have done,” said HACC President, John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D.
HACC’s Golden Anniversary Gala will be a special evening to retell College history, honor forebears and highlight what HACC has to offer throughout Central Pennsylvania.
Top 10 Reasons You Don’t Want to Miss HACC’s Golden Anniversary Gala:
- You will have the opportunity to network with HACC friends, students, employees and retirees.
- You can get dressed up for a night on the town (preferred attire is dressy, and you are encouraged to wear burgundy and gold).
- A live band will keep you on your feet dancing.
- You will have fun and meet new people.
- A portion of your ticket is tax-deductible after goods and services.
- You will sample the work of HACC’s culinary arts students and enjoy dinner and drinks.
- The evening will be emceed by a local Central Pennsylvania celebrity.
- You will experience all that HACC has to offer in the College’s 10-county region and beyond.
- You can bid on one-of-a-kind silent auction items.
- The event will honor HACC’s founders and the College’s supporters throughout its 50 years.
To purchase tickets, visit https://hacc50.eventbrite.com and enter the password HACC50. Please purchase your tickets by Oct. 12, 2014. Tickets are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis only.
Learn more about sponsoring the event at http://www.hacc.edu/Anniversary/Sponsorships/Sponsorship-Opportunities.cfm.
About the HACC Foundation
The HACC Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that was established in 1985 to raise private and corporate revenues in support of HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College. In fiscal year 2013-14 alone, the HACC Foundation contributed close to $2.2 million to the College in scholarships, special programs and facilities and provided financial assistance to 1,345 students.
Contributions to the HACC Foundation are accepted in the form of unrestricted gifts to augment endowed funds, contributions to existing or new scholarship programs or award funds, support for academic and workforce programs, sponsorship of special events and cultural programs and contributions made in honor or in memory of individuals. In addition, the Foundation holds annual events, including the Frank J. Dixon Tournament for Scholarships at HACC, and various scholarship award ceremonies. The HACC Foundation is gratefully YOURS.
For more information on the HACC Foundation, visit http://www.hacc.edu/HACCFoundation/ or the College’s YouTube channel.