May 12, 2016
HACC Celebrates Graduates in Spring 2016 Commencement Ceremony
HARRISBURG, Pa. – More than 500 students walked across the stage to receive their associate degrees, certificates or diplomas during Commencement for HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College on May 12, 2016, at the Giant Center in Hershey. They were among the more than 1,300 students who completed their associate degrees, certificates or diplomas during the spring 2016 term.
Among the graduates were:
- Rebecca Laptook of Fairfield, who received an associate degree in paralegal studies. She attended the Gettysburg Campus and plans to begin her second internship in paralegal studies.
- David Jimenez of Harrisburg, who received an associate degree in business administration and plans to continue working at FedEx Ground. Additionally, Shawn Johnson of Boiling Springs, who is a business owner, received an associate degree in ornamental horticulture. Both attended the Harrisburg Campus.
- Anaida Martinez of Lititz, who received an associate degree in business administration. She attended the Lancaster Campus and plans to pursue a bachelor’s degree in aviation business administration.
- Jeff Aumen of Cleona, who received an associate degree in psychology. He attended the Lebanon Campus and plans to continue a degree at Lebanon Valley College.
- Hanover area residents Scott Myer and Damaris Brusby. Myer, who attended the Harrisburg Campus, received an associate degree in police science and plans to pursue crime scene investigation. Brusby, who attended the Gettysburg Campus, received an associate degree in early childhood education and plans to continue her education while she works.
- Erika Latorre of York, who received an associate degree in early education. She attended the York Campus and plans to continue working at HACC and transfer to Millersville University.
Photos of these graduates and more are available online.
A full list of spring 2016 graduates is available in our online newsroom.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers more than 120 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to approximately 19,000 students. Also, the College serves students at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses; through virtual learning; and via workforce development and continuing education training. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit hacc.edu. Also, follow us on Twitter (@HACC_info), like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HACC64) and use #HACCNews.