Apr 05, 2018
Join Us for HACC’s 2018 Day of Giving!
HARRISBURG, Pa. – The community is invited to join in HACC’s Day of Giving on April 18, 2018. The 24-hour event will provide many opportunities to give back through various activities at all campuses and online.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is a source of pride for thousands of students, alumni, employees, donors, organizations, partners and friends. The Day of Giving is an annual event created to celebrate that pride as well as give back so that others may experience their first steps on a personal and professional journey to success.
The funds raised from the Day of Giving will support the College’s funds for excellence. More than 25 new funds have been created to give the College the ability to meet pressing needs as they arise, aid students with housing and food insecurities, launch innovative initiatives and capitalize on new opportunities to keep student programs on the cutting edge.
In the past, the funds for excellence have provided monies to:
How can you #HeartHACC and help our students?
- Provide “Essential Anatomy” application of 3D anatomical models at HACC’s Gettysburg Campus
- Develop a Community Innovation Center on HACC’s Harrisburg Campus
- Establish HACC’s first collaborative classroom at the Lancaster Campus
- Upgrade and obtain National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) accreditation for the Auto Lab at HACC’s York Campus
- Go to hacc.edu/HeartHACC
- Contribute online
- Encourage your family and friends to support HACC by tagging #HeartHACC in all of your public social media posts
- Participate in activities at a HACC campus near you and bid on items through an online auction
HACC is grateful to the many donors who will be giving on April 18 and thanks WHTM abc27 and Capital BlueCross for being our collegewide sponsors.
For more information about the Day of Giving or how to give, please visit hacc.edu/HeartHACC.