Nov 12, 2020
Diversity and Inclusion Statement by HACC’s Classified Employee Organization
The elected employees of the Classified Employee Council (CEC) developed this statement with assistance from Armenta Hinton, Ph.D., HACC’s vice president of inclusion and diversity and Title IX coordinator. This statement represents the Classified Employee Organization’s commitment to the College and our students.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make us who we are as individuals. Our colleagues come from different cultures and backgrounds, have various life experiences, offer unique knowledge and acquire distinctive self-expression that adds to the betterment of our constituency.
Our CEC will advocate for equality among ALL classified constituents as well as parity among other HACC constituencies. We are committed to inspiring and instilling an inclusive and diverse environment among our constituency group and eliminating any negative biases toward anyone who may be unlike ourselves.
- We insist that our employees embody HACC’s core values – excellence, innovation, inclusivity and integrity. Those who do not embrace these values should consider employment elsewhere.
- We will not tolerate or support any unjust behavior at HACC and will report said behavior to the vice president of inclusion and diversity for investigation.
- We expect that all classified employees will expand their knowledge of diversity and inclusion by way of College-sponsored professional development.
- We will work with the Office of Human Resources and Organizational Development and the Office of Inclusion and Diversity to coordinate training opportunities.
- We hold the College accountable for providing the funding and scheduling flexibility to attend quality training opportunities, specifically geared toward the Classified Employee Organization.
- We commit to providing outstanding customer service and ensuring success for all students at HACC by acknowledging the diverse needs of those we serve.
Finally, we are not all the same; we are different, together.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is the first and largest of Pennsylvania’s 14 community colleges. HACC offers approximately 100 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to approximately 17,000 students. Also, the College serves students at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses; through virtual learning; and via workforce development and continuing education training. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit hacc.edu. Also, follow us on Twitter (@HACC_info), follow us on Instagram (@HACC_edu), like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HACC64) and use #HACCNews.