HACC has communicated with faculty counselors and leadership of the College’s Faculty Organization regarding the details of the faculty counselors’ furlough, which will follow HACC’s Shared Governance policies.
HACC’s new approach to mental health counseling is part of HACC’s One-College reorganization. As part of the reorganization process, the College’s leadership has engaged its four constituency groups – classified employees, administrative and professional employees, faculty and students – in discussions and opportunities for feedback.
On Nov. 14, 2019, HACC informed students and employees that the College has entered into a one-year agreement with Mazzitti & Sullivan EAP Services to provide comprehensive clinical mental health counseling services to HACC students.
Additional information regarding clinical mental health counseling at HACC is available in the College’s online newsroom:
- HACC Students can Access Free Mental Health Counseling Any Time
- HACC Signs Agreement with Trusted Provider of Mental Health Counseling Services
- Financial Realities, Refocus on Purpose Drive HACC’s Clinical Mental Health Decision
- HACC Update on Clinical Mental Health Counseling Services
- HACC Update on Student Success and Wellness Services
- HACC Addresses Student Success and Wellness through Range of Services
- HACC Statement about Clinical Mental Health Services for Students
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is the first and largest of Pennsylvania’s 14 community colleges. HACC offers approximately 100 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to approximately 19,000 students. Also, the College serves students at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses; through virtual learning; and via workforce development and continuing education training. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit hacc.edu. Also, follow us on Twitter (@HACC_info), follow us on Instagram (@HACC_edu), like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HACC64) and use #HACCNews.