Details on each project are below:
- Christine Bittinger, professor of biology, received funding to transition an environmental geology course to the D2L/Brightspace online platform.
- Sue Gao, professor of English, will work on creating an online grammar course for a new English as a Second Language (ESL) Program.
- Julie Keenan, Ph.D., professor of English, will convert a course, Introduction to Literary Theory, to be taught online.
- Robert C. Schanke, Ph.D., professor of computer information science, will be redesigning the course, Introduction to Game Development and Design.
- Marjaneh Talebi, professor of art, will redesign a course entitled Fundamentals of Computer Art.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is the first and largest of Pennsylvania’s 15 community colleges. HACC offers approximately 100 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to approximately 17,000 students. Also, the College serves students at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses; through virtual learning; and via workforce development and continuing education training. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit hacc.edu. Also, follow us on Twitter (@HACC_info), follow us on Instagram (@HACC_edu), like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HACC64) and use #HACCNews.