Students celebrated in pinning and striping ceremony
GETTYSBURG, Pa. – Associate degree graduates in HACC’s registered nursing program were honored with their nursing pins during a ceremony at the Gettysburg Campus of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College. The December 2013 graduates successfully completed their clinical nursing education, which qualifies them to take licensure exams to become registered nurses (RNs). Future nursing graduates – who completed their first year of the two-year degree program – were also honored with their stripes.
During the Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, ceremony held in the Robert C. Hoffman Community Room, the following graduating students were recognized:
- Class Speaker – Jamie Shaffer
- PSNA District 15 Leadership Award – Erin Hill
- Gettysburg Campus Nursing Student Organization Art of Nursing Award – Lauren Cole
- Gettysburg Nursing Faculty Excellence in Nursing Award – Amy Burrier
The following are graduates of the 2013 HACC-Gettysburg Campus nursing program:
- Michelle Kaminski, of Shippensburg
- Erin Hill, of Hanover
- Jordan Scott, of Hanover
- Ashley Smith, of Gettysburg
- Krista Donsen, of Hanover
- Brittany Wenger, of Fayetteville
- Margaret Murray, of Shippensburg
- Elizabeth Black, of Gettysburg
- Huoy Min Jong, of Fayetteville
- Amanda Bond, of Spring Grove
- Jamie Shaffer, of Gettysburg
- McKenna Uhrinek, of Gettysburg
- Kristen Kanner, of Chambersburg
- Jolie Geelhaar, of York
- Bobbi McCullough, of McKnightstown
- Lauren Cole, of Hanover
- Amy Burrier, of Keymar, Md.
- Jennifer Martin, of Fairfield
- Jennifer Schultz, of Mont Alto
- Kirsten Leathery, of East Berlin
For more information about the pinning, contact Andree Drake at 717-339-3545 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about HACC’s nursing programs and qualifications is available at www.hacc.edu under Quick Links, Health Careers.
Photo Caption: Front row (from left): Michelle Kaminski, Shippensburg; Erin Hill, Hanover; Jordan Scott, Hanover; Ashley Smith, Gettysburg; Krista Donsen, Hanover; Brittany Wenger, Fayetteville. Row 2 (from left): Margaret Murray, Shippensburg; Elizabeth Black, Gettysburg; Huoy Min Jong, Fayetteville; Amanda Bond, Spring Grove; Jamie Shaffer, Gettysburg; McKenna Uhrinek, Gettysburg; Kristen Kanner, Chambersburg; Jolie Geelhaar, York. Row 3 (from left): Bobbi McCullough, McKnightstown; Lauren Cole, Hanover; Amy Burrier, Keymar, MD; Jennifer Martin, Fairfield; Jennifer Schultz, Mont Alto; Kirsten Leathery, East Berlin.