HARRISBURG, Pa. – HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, shares recent news as well as upcoming events available to the community.
HACC Wraps Up 50th Anniversary Year with Closing of Time Capsule
In honor of HACC's 50th anniversary, HACC held a ceremony on Nov. 18, 2014, to close a time capsule sized at 4 inches by 3 inches by 10 inches and filled with memorabilia and other items representative of the anniversary year. The ceremony was held outside of the John Hall Technology Center on the Harrisburg Campus.
Members of the HACC community submitted a variety of items to include in the time capsule.
It is the College’s hope that the time capsule will be removed from the cornerstone where it is located in 2064 – the 100th anniversary of the College.
Examples of items submitted by the HACC community included:
- 50th anniversary commemorative pin
- Sen. John J. Shumaker Public Safety Center patch
- 50th anniversary thank-you card designed by a HACC student
- Memory card of photos from HACC’s Golden Anniversary Gala
- “Happy birthday, HACC” sign prepared by U-Gro Childcare Center
- Samples of the College’s new branding and marketing materials, including a viewbook and brochures
- 2014-15 tuition and fees chart
- HACC Alumni Association Alumni College card to signify a HACC graduate who was told in high school that she was not college material; many years later at the age of 32, she arrived at HACC
- A summary of Dr. Ski's Miles of Gratitude - Tour de HACC
- Congressional certificate of recognition presented to HACC on behalf of the five members of Congress representing the districts in which the five campuses are located
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives citation sponsored by the state representatives from the districts in which the five campuses are located
- Pennsylvania Senate citation sponsored by the state representatives from the districts in which the five campuses are located
HACC’s 50th Anniversary Video Available on YouTube
HACC has created a special video in recognition of the College’s year-long 50th anniversary celebration. There are three different lengths of the video on YouTube, with each giving viewers a picture of HACC’s legacy through the decades:
HACC Introduces New Certified Personal Trainer Program
Classes are forming now for the new Certified Personal Trainer (CPT)® program at HACC.
HACC’s CPT program is a 15-week (150-hour) program that is comprised of one four-hour class and six hours online per week. The program also offers an optional six-week internship. Classes begin Jan. 13, 2015.
HACC’s program prepares students to take a nationally accredited personal trainer certification exam, such as the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer® exam. An ACSM membership and testing voucher are included in the tuition for the program.
Interested students can attend an information session on Dec. 13, 2014, at 10 a.m. in the J.W. Evans Physical Education Center on the Harrisburg Campus. For more information about the program, contact Nina Kottcamp, program coordinator, at email@example.com or 717-221-1386.
It’s Time for YOU to Experience HACC!
New students can experience HACC and learn about HACC's admissions process, transfer and career programs, financial aid options and more! Visit the “New Students” section of www.hacc.edu.
For further information or general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the most effective way to ensure a timely response.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers more than 150 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to nearly 20,000 students at campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York and through online classes. In addition, HACC serves more than 29,000 students in noncredit workforce development, public safety, adult basic education and continuing education programs offered at all campuses and off-site locations in many communities in Central Pennsylvania. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit www.hacc.edu.