HARRISBURG, Pa. – HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, shares recent news and events with the community, including:
- HACC’s Alumni and Phi Theta Kappa Make National Impact
- Twenty-five Students Graduate from the Nursing Program at HACC’s Gettysburg Campus
HACC’s Alumni and Phi Theta Kappa Make National Impact
Student and alumni scholars at HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, recently received national recognition for their achievement in nonprofit fundraising and leadership.
HACC’s Alpha Nu Omega chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, the international honor society for two-year colleges, and Alpha Nu Omega Alumni Association received kudos as top fundraiser in the country for their collaboration to raise $7,776 for the 2015 American Cancer Society’s fight against cancer.
In addition, three HACC alumni received the International Alumni Award of Appreciation for contributions to Alpha Nu Omega and the local, Middle States Region and international chapter. They are:
- Michael Shoemaker, alumni association historian and facilitator, for his support
- Shanna Boley, alumni association vice president and facilitator, for her contributions to the organization's founding in 2015
- Jennifer Knee, middle states regional alumni association president, for her contributions to the local chapter and the local, regional and international alumni associations
The awards were announced at NerdNation, the honorary society’s annual conference, held April 7-9, 2016, in National Harbor, Maryland.
Alpha Nu Omega has more than 1,300 members across HACC’s five campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York. Phi Theta Kappa members must maintain a 3.25 grade point average after meeting academic requirements. They are also active volunteers on their campuses and in their communities.
Twenty-five Students Graduate from the Nursing Program at HACC’s Gettysburg Campus
Students celebrated in pinning ceremony
Associate degree graduates in HACC’s registered nursing program were honored with their nursing pins during a ceremony on May 5, 2016, at the Gettysburg Campus of HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College.
The 25 graduates successfully completed their clinical nursing education, which qualifies them to take licensure exams to become registered nurses (RNs).
Graduate Paul Kurzawa provided a greeting for the pinning ceremony. Abby Thomas served as the student speaker. The following graduating students were recognized during the ceremony:
- Nursing Student Organization Art of Nursing Award – Lynelle Hess
- Nursing Faculty Excellence in Nursing Award – Audrey Mazur
- Pennsylvania State Nurses Association District 15 Leadership Award – Manda Dodwell
The graduates of the nursing program at HACC’s Gettysburg Campus are:
- Biglerville – Manda Dodwell
- Carlisle – Kesha Thorpe
- Chambersburg – Dustin Fumagalli, Erin Higgins, Ekaterina Maier
- Dover – Erin Rabenstine
- East Berlin – Abby Thomas
- Fairfield – Krista Ray
- Fayetteville – Paul Kurzawa
- Gardners – Brittany Grove
- Gettysburg – Tonnie Maurais, Audrey Mazur
- Hanover – Erin Dozier, Christine Fiorucci, Kimberly Kulka, Kylie Midkiff, Stacy Schubert, Kelly Wildasin
- Mechanicsburg – Alexander Huertas, Mackenziane Lex
- McSherrystown – Angela Sachs
- New Oxford – Lynelle Hess, Cynthia Salazar, Stephanie Sigwalt
- Reisterstown, Maryland – Laura Schloer
Information about HACC’s nursing programs and qualifications is available online.
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers more than 120 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to approximately 19,000 students. Also, the College serves students at its Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York campuses; through virtual learning; and via workforce development and continuing education training. For more information on how HACC is uniquely YOURS, visit hacc.edu. Also, follow us on Twitter (@HACC_info), like us on Facebook (Facebook.com/HACC64) and use #HACCNews.